How AIGR, Inc. Started
AIGR was founded in February of 1979 as an independent gemological laboratory devoted solely to jewelry appraisals, gemological research, and monetary evaluation of gems and fine jewelry. Therefore, AIGR does not buy or sell jewelry or gemstones but iss staffed by independent gemologist appraisers. All evaluations are backed by state-of-the-art instrumentation.
AIGR performs gem identification, micro-chemical analysis, grading and classifying of gemstones, and micrography among other specific services. Jewelry appraisals are performed for diamonds, colored gems, pearls, jade, fine jewelry, and watches, thereby giving you the documentation you need.
Please call us at (303) 420-2369 or use our email contact form to schedule an appointment at one of our locations. We are generally available on weekdays.
AIGR’s Graduate Gemologist Independent Appraisers
We are dedicated to maintaining our independence in the jewelry business so we can be your consumer advocate.
Warren D. Pressler
Founder & President
- Received Independent Certified Gemologist Appraiser (ICGA) designation from American Gem Society (AGS), 2016 (This designation was received upon passing an exam covering the legal aspects of different types of appraisals in the court system.)
- Successfully completed testing with AGS for Certified Gemologist (CG), 2015
- American Gem-trade Association (Nomenclature)
- National Association of Jewelry Appraisers, (NAJA) June 1, 1982
- Graduate Gemologist, GIA, November 6, 1978
- Colored Stone Grading Course, GIA, October 7, 1976
- Diamond Grading and Evaluation, GIA, November 18, 1976
- General Education Pierce College, 1972-74
- Completion of McBeth Color Science Colorimetery & Spectrophotometry
- Completion of Hue Discrimination and Color Vision Testing
- Graduate Gemologist, GIA, April 2006
- Gem Identification, GIA , March 2006
- Colored Stones Course, GIA , May 2004
- Diamonds Graduate, GIA, October 2003
- Assistant appraiser for AIGR, since July 2002
- General Education with an emphasis in Accounting, Metropolitan State College of Denver, 1999-2002
- General Education with an emphasis in Comparative Literature, Brigham Young University, 1978-1979
Please contact us with questions or to make an appointment.